Open Roads Designer (ORD) – CADD Manager
- Associate degree or equivalent in CADD/drafting and/or Bentley certificates
- 0 to 10+ years of CADD experience
- Familiarity with roadway plans, Bentley software, Microstation ORD, ProjectWise and Microsoft Office
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to nurture key relationships and provide mentorship
Build your career while making an impact within your community. Oates Associates is a 100% employee-owned civil and structural engineering firm focused on enhancing our community. Being a local Midwest firm, our team of engineers works together to turn their designs into reality – and witness their projects come to fruition for the betterment of our community.
Oates Associates offers a work environment that encourages and supports you during your career development journey. To accommodate our continued growth, we are seeking a motivated and energetic individual to oversee and manage the set-up, proper use and implementation of Bentley software products as well as advise various engineering teams with computer-based plan production in the Bentley CADD software Open Roads Designer (ORD). This position will develop and oversee CADD standards, maintain Microstation workspaces across multiple versions of software, assist in the training of staff in the proper use of Microstation software and prepare technical documents for future reference. The candidate will train alongside our current CADD users. Work will be out of our Collinsville, IL office.
- Develop and implement CADD standards and best practices for Open Roads Designer (ORD) for the Illinois and Missouri transportation groups
- Develop and implement training programs for transportation staff in the use of ORD
- Train staff to develop technical skills in the ORD CADD software
- Assist project teams with digital deliveries
- Perform uniform set-up and configuration of Bentley CADD products for users throughout the Illinois and Missouri transportation groups
- Support users with troubleshooting and developing necessary fixes
- Evaluate and recommend tools to improve work efficiency
- Remain up to date with necessary software and workspace updates from Bentley and DOTs
Oates Associates is a thriving local design firm that offers the look and feel of a small business while providing the excitement and experience gained from projects you may find in a larger firm. Our strong leadership in the communities we serve coupled with our teamwork-centered atmosphere makes Oates Associates a great place to work.
As a 100% employee-owned firm through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Oates Associates is committed to personal and professional growth and long-term success.
The firm offers competitive salaries; annual bonus; retirement planning; an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision; a health and wellness program with incentives; company sponsored events and activities; flex-time and work-from-home options; and career development/advancement. The firm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply through our employment site or see below for alternate options.
100 Lanter Court, Suite 1
Collinsville, IL, 62234