Building Structural Engineer
- Bachelor's in civil engineering or architectural engineering
- EIT certificate or PE license
- 3 to 5+ years of structural engineering experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Working knowledge of RISA and RAM Structural a plus
- Strong technical, writing and organizational skills
Build your career while making an impact within your community. Oates Associates is a 100% employee-owned civil and structural engineering firm focused on enhancing our community. Being a local Midwest firm, our team of engineers works together to turn their designs into reality – and witness their projects come to fruition for the betterment of our community.
Oates Associates offers a work environment that encourages and supports you during your career development journey. We are seeking a talented engineer with a focus on building structural engineering to work on new building and building renovation projects. This position is ideal for a structural engineer that enjoys working with clients on building expansions, repairs, renovations, and stand-alone buildings ranging from $10K to $20M. Work will be out of our downtown St. Louis office.
- Laying out buildings and structures in AutoCAD and Revit
- Designing to building codes – IBC, ASCE, ACI, and AISC
- Performing site visits to inspect existing structures and writing inspection reports
- Performing site visits to document conditions and design repairs
- Developing construction documents and cost estimates
- Observing construction operations at work sites and reviewing material submittals
Oates Associates is a thriving local design firm that offers the look and feel of a small business while providing the excitement and experience gained from projects you may find in a larger firm. Our strong leadership in the communities we serve coupled with our teamwork-centered atmosphere makes Oates Associates a great place to work.
As a 100% employee-owned firm through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Oates Associates is committed to personal and professional growth and long-term success.
The firm offers competitive salaries; annual bonus; retirement planning; an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision; a health and wellness program with incentives; company sponsored events and activities; flex-time and work-from-home options; and career development/advancement. The firm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply through our employment site or see below for alternate options.
100 Lanter Court, Suite 1
Collinsville, IL, 62234